Private Dog Training in Columbia, MD
Not every dog and not every person is suited for group classes. Some dogs are simply too stressed, distracted, or aggressive to be safe and productive in a group environment. Also, while group classes follow a specific training outline, private lessons can be tailored to your individual needs.
All of our private lesson instructors undergo rigorous training programs to ensure that they are capable of handling any dog in any situation. Perhaps more important, is that they are trained to teach the dog’s owners. Placing the focus on instructing people of all learning styles gives them a unique capability to alter the lesson plan according to the needs of both the owner and the dog. Their training is unparallelled to any other mentor or training program anywhere in the country, and is overseen by Andrew Wildesen directly.
Private Lesson Pricing
- Rate per Lesson
- Mon-Fri 10am – 5pm
- Availability for night and weekend appointments is subject to change. Please contact us for current availability.
- Cancellation Policy: Private lessons must be cancelled 24 hours prior to the start time of lesson. Lessons not cancelled before this time will be charged at the regular rate.
- Puppies under six months old are eligible for a discount of $25.00 per lesson
In Home Private Lessons
In home lessons may be available for clients that are currently working with us, based on need, and our availability. New clients are not eligible for in home lessons.
Rates for in home lessons are calculated at the same hourly rate as lessons completed at our facility. We charge by the hour for travel time beginning when we leave our facility, and ending when we return. Calculations are completed using Google Maps to ensure accuracy, and transparency of all charges.
Dog Training Private Lessons at a Park
We may recommend meeting clients at a public location for certain dogs that would benefit from dog obedience training in that environment. In those situations, we will set up training events at locations that best suit your needs.
Owners and dogs will need to demonstrate that they are ready for this challenge, so this option is only available after multiple training sessions.
The most common meeting place for private lessons is:
Western Regional Park in Glenwood, Maryland
Other locations may be available. Please contact us for more information.
Private Dog Training Lessons Offer Endless Possibilities
- Basic through advanced obedience goals
- Excessive barking/ aggression towards knocking on doors
- Jumping on guests entering the home
- Scent detection games
- Obedience trials
- Puppy training
- Dog / Human aggression
- Owners seeking one-on-one attention
- Follow-up Board and Train lessons
- New owner/ family sessions